Tue Oct 16th 2018
Waiver Wire Week 7
Some decent stashes and one star
Please note that I play in 10 and 12 team leagues with 27-30 player rosters, so between 300-324 players are already on rosters in my leagues. That said, here are some of the guys I'll be putting bids in on this week.
Last week I listed Chad Kelly. I still think he will get a chance to start this season.
- Brock Osweiler (Miami): He's back from the dead! Throwing for 380 yards on the Bears defense was quite the feat, but the yards are a bit deceptive as he was helped by tons of yards after the catch. Still, he won the game. Tannehill is anything but a sure starter. Brock will have a chance to win the job while Tannehill is hurt. I'm sure last week will be his best week of the year (if not the rest of his career), but he is worth a stab in 2 QB leagues. Tannehill himself is on the waiver wire in several of my 1 QB leagues.
Last week I listed Kyle Juszczyk. He could still be good as a PPR option but maybe the first guy on this week's list is a better buy.
- Rasheem Mostert (San Fransisco): The Shanahan's have found RBs out of nowhere before. It's just a one game sampling of great play so far, but it could earn him the #2 role behind the always injured Breida. I'm not sure why Alfred Morris only got one carry last night, but maybe it's because Mostert is better than him. I'll be trying to get him in leagues where I have Breida, but likely not in the leagues where I don't.
- Mike Boone (Minnesota): This is a bit of a future move, but it could pay off. Boone looked awesome in the preseason. He was picked up in all of my leagues at that time but then dropped at roster cut time. Dalvin Cook may just be the type of guy who is always injured. Boone could benefit. He only had one carry last week, but it popped for 20 yards. He is exlosive. If you don't need a RB off the waiver wire to play for you this year, this is a great guy to stash. I already have in one league and hope to in other leagues this week.
Last week I listed Chad Williams, David Moore, and Equanimeous St. Brown. I don't see them available in any of my leagues this week.
- Jermaine Kearse (NY Jets): This could be the best WR waiver wire additon this year since Tyler Boyd. He's the new Quincy Enunwa. He caught 9 balls on 10 targets for 96 yards last week. Most of the plays were the short outlet passes that Enunwa was getting when he was the rising star before getting hurt. Kearse won teams a lot of games last year in fantasy when he came on late last season. He has done it before and can do it again. He's the top pick up this week. I'll be putting a high percentage FAAB bid in for him for sure. The long-term startinng WR roles in NY are still up for grabs too. Side note: He was my last pick in several best ball leagues this year. It's going to payoff.
- Cole Beasley (Dallas): Man the Cowboys are up and down. It was shocking how their offense dismantled the Jags. Beasley was a primary reason why. He had more catches last week than he did the previous three weeks combined. Until we get a better sense of what the Cowboys offense is really going to be, I'd be hesitant to pick him up. He's worth picking up in PPR leagues, but I suspect you'll never feel comfortable starting him.
Last week I listed Geoff Swaim and Niles Paul. I see Swaim is still available in some of my leagues. Paul got injured this week so there is no need to look for him this week.
- Chris Herndon (NY Jets): He made the most of his two catches, scoring on a 30 pass from Darnold. A lot of sharpe dynasty guys I follow and play against picked him up after the rookie draft last year. He's athletic and could be a big play guy. No one has clearly won the job there in NY, so he could be a great stash. I'm going to pick him up this week and drop guys like Swaim and Vannett. I think he has more long-term potential than a lot of the 3rd TEs on my dynasty teams.
- Jeff Heuerman (Denver): This is more of a play for this year in case you've been hit with the injury bug at TE. He did have 53 yards on Sunday, so you could do worse. I know I have one league with three injured TEs and one on a bye this week. Heuerman could be the type of guy you need to pick up in that kind of situation.
Welcome to Dynasty Freeks!
Your independent and trustworthy voice in the dynasty community.
Latest News PostsRSS Feed
Mon May 31st 2021Three Tips and Players To Pick Off The Waiver Wire
Mon May 24th 2021Rookies I Have Drafted So Far
Mon May 17th 2021Early Rookie Draft Trends
Get ahead of your league. Sign up here for instant notifications when new articles and podcasts are posted.