Tue Sep 18th 2018
Waiver Wire Week 2
Not-so-hot players this week
Please note that I play in 10 and 12 team leagues with 27-30 player rosters, so between 300-324 players are already on rosters in my leagues. That said, here are some of the guys I'll be putting bids in on this week.
Ryan Fitzpatrick was who I listed last week. In 4 out of 5 of my dynasty leagues he was not picked up last week. The one where someone did, they started him and won their game!
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (Tampa Bay): What's not to believe? I still have a hard time believing in Fitzpatrick, but I do believe in his weapons. One more week like he's been playing and there is no way Winston gets the job back from him. They play Pittsburg on Monday night - the team that just gave up 6 TD passses to Kansas City last week.
Phillip Lindsay, Alfred Blue, Marcus Murphy, and Chris Warren were the guys I listed last week. I was right in saying Lindsay should be the top waiver priority overall last week. He was awesome again in week 2. The other guys I listed last week are still available in about half of my leagues.
- Marcus Murphy (Buffalo): He's already become the passing down back on a team that is going to be behind every week. Now that McCoy has broken ribs, his playing time is going to increase. I believe he is better than Ivory, which is why I do not list Ivory here.
- Ito Smith (Atlanta): If he wasn't rostered already, smart owners picked him up last week after hearing the news about Freeman's missing up to 4 weeks due to a knee injury. He looked good on Sunday playing behind Coleman, carrying the ball 9 times for 46 yards. Coleman could be gone in free agency after this year, leaving Smith to play behind the often injured Freeman.
- Samaje Perine (Washington): He may get another chance. Rob Kelly is missing up to a month with a toe injury so Perine is now the back up behind old man Peterson. It could be a smart add, but only for this season because Guice will be the lead back next year and Thompson's role as the passing back is solidified.
- Mark Walton (Cincinatti): He's going to get some playing time finally. Bernard will certainly be the starter with Joe Mixon out 2-4 weeks after knee surgery. But Walton should be the number 2 back and get a chance to show something in the next month of play.
Ryan Garnt, Phillip Dorsett, Willie Snead, and Brandon Marshall were the guys I listed last week. They've been picked up in all of my leagues.
- Tyler Boyd (Cincinatti): I am so happy for Boyd. I am one of the guys that has held on to him since I drafted him in one league, picked him up last off-season in another, and made the regretful decision of cutting him in my salary cap league. He is the clear number 2 WR in Cincinnati and has a chance to be in starting line-ups this year. He was the #1devy receiver several years ago when I first started listening to devy podcasts. Maybe he is about to live up to his potential. He's my number 1 target this week.
- Rashad Higgins (Cleveland): Josh Gordon is gone in Cleveland. Higgins has already been playing a lot of snaps. He was highly thought of coming into the NFL. I remember drafting him in several rookie drafts. He has a starting role now on a team that has to throw to someone besides Landry.
Dissly and Ian Thomas were the guys I listed last week. They were picked up in all of my leagues.
- Jesse James (Pittsburg): So it seems like Big Ben is going to throw the ball 50-60 times a game. If that's the case, James is going to get some of those targets while defenses are chasing around their better players. Everyone was high on Vance McDonald this offseason, but everyone was wrong. James won the job.
Cleveland and Dallas were who I listed last week. I was right. They both looked great in week 2 and are still available in most of my leagues. In this week of not-so-hot pick ups, these defenses are at the top of my list behind Tyler Boyd.
Welcome to Dynasty Freeks!
Your independent and trustworthy voice in the dynasty community.
Latest News PostsRSS Feed
Mon May 31st 2021Three Tips and Players To Pick Off The Waiver Wire
Mon May 24th 2021Rookies I Have Drafted So Far
Mon May 17th 2021Early Rookie Draft Trends
Get ahead of your league. Sign up here for instant notifications when new articles and podcasts are posted.