Thu Oct 4th 2018
Player Stock Week #4
Rising and Falling
- Jared Goff (LA Rams): I moved him up to my QB 4. He's the #3 QB so far this year. I'm a believer. I was mostly a believe in McVay, but after last Thursday night's game, I am a believer in Goff too. He's not just a system guy. He was dropping dimes all over the field. He's a great passer with elite weapons. I bought him in one on my leagues this week.
- Baker Mayfield (Cleveland): I moved him up to my QB 17. It's his job to lose now, and I believe it will be for years to come. They are not going to give up on him. He'll have a learning curve for sure, so he may not start for you right away, but I am sure he will become an every week starter at some point in his career.
- Derek Carr (Oakland): I moved him up to my QB 19. I remember when Carr was ranked as a top ten dynasty QB a few years ago. Well maybe under Gruden he can get back there. His 400 yard and 4 TD day last Sunday was enough to get me thinking it could happen. Jordy and Cook have been more than pleasant surprises. They have been beasts. Oaklands defense is pathetic so they are sure to be in shootouts... for this year at least.
- Christian McCaffrey (Carolina): I moved him up to my RB 9. One word: Volume. It's undeniable. We thought it may have been all talk, but it's not. He may not score a lot of touchdowns, but he will be top five in RB touches this year. It seems to be the way Norv Turner wants to use him. I am sure they will do so for years to come. I am also impressed by McCaffreys ability to avoid big hits. Some RBs just have a knack for that, and they are the guys who avoid injury.
- D'onta Foreman (Houston): I moved him up to my RB 27. It's rare to move someone up whom we have not seen play. This is a move based on the inability of Miller and Blue to run the ball. There is no reason why Houston, with the running threat of Watson, shouldn't have a dynamic RB 1. I believe Foreman will be that guy once he is activated from the PUP list.
- Aaron Jones (Green Bay): I moved him up to my RB 35. He just looked bettter than Williams. He looks better to the eye, and he is better by every measureable statistic so far except pass protection. Once he gets this figured out, he'll be Green Bay's #1 back. I wish I had him in more leagues.
- Naheim Hines (Indianapolis): I moved him up to my RB 46. Wilkins clearly didn't win the job. Mack is always injured. Luck is going to be trhowing the ball nearly 50 times a game. Hines is a starter already in PPR leagues. I'm not sure he'll ever be a 3-down back, but he's going to the a passing down back in the mold of Chris Thomspson.
- Cooper Kupp (LA Rams): I moved him up to my WR 24. What's not to like. A slot guy for McVay's offense is always going to produce. McVay just creates ridiculous mismatches all the time. He's still their #1 red zone target. I remember listening to the Move The Sticks podcast with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks before the draft two years ago. They raved about him. I'm now the sad guy who does not own him in any league.
- Calvin Ridley (Atlanta): I moved him up to my WR 32. Geez! What an intense two weeks for this guy! Sanu is still out snapping him, but that can't last long. Even if it does, he'll still produce. It's rare to put up the numbers he has already as a rookie. Everyone said he was the most NFL ready WR in the draft. I guess everyone was right. He's an every week strater now, even as a rookie. It will only get better from here.
- Tyler Boyd (Cincinatti): I moved him up to my WR 35. Maybe 3rd year breakouts are a real thing again for WRs. He's targeted like crazy! I think he and Dalton have a connection on an offense that is moving to be more pass oriented. Green will still score most of the touchdowns, but Boyds underneath play and targets will make him and every week starter going forward. The guy many of us drafted in the late 1st and/or early 2nd round in our rookie drafts and likely dropped is coming back to haunt us!
- Keke Coutee (Houston): I moved him up to my WR 58. What a debut! We need to wait to see if this was a one-time event while Fuller was out with injury. That said, Fuller is often injured. Maybe this is an offense like the Rams' that can have 3 productive WRs for fantasy.
- Jarod Cook (Oakland): I moved him up to my TE 10. 31 year-old break out? He's been known to breakout in week 1 of many seasons, but this has sustained. Now he's the TE #1 on the season! I believe it. He's always had the physical ability, but now he is being used and moved around the formations everywhere. Tightend is the one position you can have fantasy relevance into your mid to late 30s. He could be the next guy to do it.
- Vance McDonald (Pittsburg): I moved him up to my TE 17. The stiff-arm heard around the world last monday night! He's always been athletic and able to score long TDs. He seems to have won the passing role over Jesse James. Teams will be more afraid of Brown and Smith-Schuster, so he'll have a lot of lanes for big plays. We'll see, though, how permanent he can make this role.
- Kenyon Drake (Miami): I moved him down to my RB 34. Really? 8 carries the last two weeks? I love the talent, but am frustrated by coaching staff. Drake has to fall.
- Rashad Penny (Seattle): I moved him down to my RB 36. This appears to be a situation where the GM wanted Penny but the coach did not. He has not impressed the coaches, that on a staff (more than any other) that doesn't give a lick about draft pedigree.
- Jamaal Williams (Green Bay): I moved him down to my RB 40. He had his chance, but did not win the job. For the fist time ever, I moved Jones ahead of Williams in my rankings. This stinks, because I own Williams in many leagues and believed in him. I do no longer.
- Rishard Matthew (Tennesse): I moved him down to my WR 100. His departure from the team leaves me doubting he'll have a fantasy role again, let alone a team to play for. I saw him dropped from rosters on many leagues this week.
- Jonnu Smith (Tennesse): I moved him down to my TE 33. He's had 2 targets this season, even with Walker out. It's time to move on from him.
- Tyler Eifert (Cincinatti): I moved him down to my TE 40. Poor guy and his mullet can't catch a break. He could have been a top 5 TE in fantasy. Sadly, it's time to drop him from rosters.
Welcome to Dynasty Freeks!
Your independent and trustworthy voice in the dynasty community.
Latest News PostsRSS Feed
Mon Oct 11th 20212021 Week Five Review
Tue Oct 5th 20212021 Week Four Review
Mon Sep 27th 20212021 Week Three Review
Get ahead of your league. Sign up here for instant notifications when new articles and podcasts are posted.