Thu Sep 20th 2018
Dynasty Stock Week 2
Rising and Falling
- Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City): I moved him up to my QB 5. This is about a fast a rise as possible but I'm all in, even after two weeks. He has all the weapons and a coach who believes in him. Reid and Mahomes should be at Kansas City for a long time. He's a top tier QB until proven otherwise.
- Matt Breida (San Fransisco): I moved him up to my RB 32. I love this one, because he has been one of "my guys" since he came into the league last year. It's unreal that he's the leading rusher in the NFL after two weeks! Admittedly, that's a bit of a mirage, but I believe these smaller backs are earning new roles in NFL offenses and it could become a lasting new role. He's going to eat this year with McKinnon out. It may be a one year thing and he may get hurt, but I believe in him.
- Phillip Lindsay (Denver): I moved him up to my RB 35. Same as I wrote above. Backs this size have a real role in the NFL now. He has already moved ahead of Freeman in snaps and touches. So he must move ahead of him in my rankings too.
- Michael Thomas (New Orleans): I moved him up to my WR 3. It's not much of a move up but when you climb over Julio and Antonio, it's worth mentioning. His route running and hands make me believe he'll be a top 5 WR way beyond his years with Brees.
- Nelson Agholor (Philadelphia): I moved him up to my WR 22. I believe in the pedigree. I believe in the coaches and the system. Look, he was a 1st round rookie pick a few years ago. I feel like everyone who dropped him after year two is now a hater. He is doing what we thought he would do when we drafted him in rookie drafts. The Philly WR core is all banged up, so he's going to eat this year and earn himself a number one role, even over Jeffery when he comes back.
- Will Fuller (Houston): I moved him up to my WR 37. He just produces with Watson. I did not like him in rookie drafts, but I can admit that I was wrong... or at least admit with Watson he is a different kind of player.
- Keelan Cole (Jacksonville): I moved him up to my WR 54. I can't be suduced by the OBJ-like catch, but I can be by the play count and routes run. I believe he is now the Jacksonville WR #1. As such, he has moved up in the rankings. I'm glad I nabbed him in most of my leagues last year!
- Jesse James (Pittsburg): I moved him up to my TE 26. Honestly, I am not sure I believe this will last, but I moved him up for the meantime. He is the #1 TE of the year so far.
- Will Dissly (Seattle): I moved him up to my TE 27. Okay, after running 71% of the snaps, he has to be given consideration. I guess he is the #1 TE in Seattle. They have horrible weapons with Baldwin out, so he has the chance to move even further up the ranks.
- Devanta Freeman (Atlanta): I moved him down to my RB 17. This is sad to say because I have him in several leagues and love the way he fights and runs, but I suspect he's over the hill. He is just injured too often, and when I watch Coleman in that offense, I see a better player at this point. I tradeed him in one league and am trying to do so wherever I own him.
- Le'veon Bell (Pittsburg): I moved him down to my RB 7. Not a huge fall, but it says something. This holdout does not speak well of his character nor his passion for football. I don't like it. Pittsburg also knows how to capitalize on his talents. I am not sure other teams will be as able to do so. You may save a "football-year" by not playing, but it's still and "age-year," and I'm not convinced it will make him better.
- Demaryius Thomas (Denver): I moved him down to my WR 34. He just looked bad on Sunday. Sanders is not just the slot/preferred receiver for Keenum. He is the better player. I believe Thomas may be on the Dez Bryant path to being cut at the end of the year (and maybe not resigned).
- Josh Gordon (New England): I moved him down to my WR 35. I know a lot of people are buying him now that he's with New England. Not I. Something is wrong when a team shows patience for so, so long and then give up. No thanks.
- Marvin Jones (Detroit): I moved him down to my WR 38. It's simple. I believe Golladay has replaced him. I finally moved Jones behind Golladay in my rankings. He's a deep threat only at this point. Tate's slot and underneath targets are solidified. Golladay has replaced Jones.
Welcome to Dynasty Freeks!
Your independent and trustworthy voice in the dynasty community.
Latest News PostsRSS Feed
Mon May 31st 2021Three Tips and Players To Pick Off The Waiver Wire
Mon May 24th 2021Rookies I Have Drafted So Far
Mon May 17th 2021Early Rookie Draft Trends
Get ahead of your league. Sign up here for instant notifications when new articles and podcasts are posted.